Friday, June 3, 2011

Bossypants by Tina Fey

I'm not sure how much everyone watches SNL - I don't think I ever really did before moving to NYC. Now we watch it religiously, as well as Tina's actual show, 30 Rock.

This book was HILARIOUS - I was that person cracking up on the subway amidst cranky commuters. It was a quick read and followed a brief synopsis of her life from childhood through her experiences at NBC and debating having a second child at 40.

What always strikes me about Tina Fey is that I would consider her a very pretty woman but all of her comedy is self deprecating both about her personality and her appearance. I guess self-deprecation is the cornerstone of most comedy but sometimes I feel bad for her and really hope that she doesn't really believe some of the things she says. (This is probably why I could never have my own comedy act).

My favorite part was when she was talking about her Sarah Palin SNL impression - AKA - My favorite few months of TV. If you haven't seen the season opening clip - it is a must: http://www.hulu.com/watch/34465/saturday-night-live-palin--hillary-open

I really related to her over-stressing tendencies and was glad that others must be able to find humor in my making myself crazy as I was able to find humor in hers :)

No comments:

Post a Comment